Unity5 is a Technology company providing market-leading administration and management SaaS solutions. As our business based in the Devonshire countryside near Exeter continues to grow, we are looking for Full Stack Developers to join our talented team while working remotely.
Our software is critical to our clients’ businesses and you will play a pivotal role in its customer-focused development.
A successful applicant will be asked to deliver work from the product backlog consisting of new features (customer enhancements and strategic business requirements), bugs and technical debt, prioritised by the Product Owner. This work should be progressed through the development lifecycle from coding, code review, testing and release into production.
Code should be produced to a high quality including considerations for performance and security. Code Review undertaken by peers should allow the ability to give and take constructive criticism to the benefit of the product. Ownership should be maintained to aid in the release process and possible debugging of any issues. Throughout the entire process, progress should be made transparent; with any impediments reported during the daily stand-up. You will work closely with other members of the team to ensure seamless integration between backend systems and mobile applications.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability
- Skilled in relevant technologies (PHP, Python, Java (Android),Swift/Objective C, SQL etc.) and version control e.g. Git)
- Ability to follow process, suggest improvements and embrace change
- Strong communication skills
- Desirable to understand DevOps or Cloud technologies
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of an agile team
- Strong sense of ownership to see work units through their lifecycle
- Fail fast and learn from mistakes
- Know when to ask for help and be keen to give it
- Understands high-level architectural designs and patterns
- Recognises and employs appropriate coding design patterns/paradigms and discourages and mitigates anti-patterns and bad practice
With an open, collaborative and learning-driven atmosphere, Unity5 is a team of progressive experts in their fields, always rising to meet new challenges. Having grown organically over the last ten years, we are stable and established, with the quiet confidence of knowing our solutions deliver real value and growth to our clients. Everyone at Unity5 is valued for the role they play and the uniqueness of them that they bring to the company. With a strong emphasis on knowledge sharing, Unity5’s success comes from its staff, the ideas they generate and the amazing results they bring.
Additionally, our people can expect:
- Office BBQs – making the most of the Devon sunshine
- Development learning resources (e.g., Pluralsight)
- Quarterly company trips and excursions
- Private healthcare
- Remote/home working