Join our Team | Mobile App Developer
18 September 2020 •
About the role
Unity5 is a Software and Technology development company providing market leading administration and management SAAS solutions.
The business is going through a period of significant continued growth and we are looking for a Mobile Developer to join our talented development team at our offices in the Devonshire countryside near Exeter. You will build up a detailed knowledge of the software system and business requirements displaying the ability to implement cutting edge solutions. Our software is critical to our clients’ businesses and you will play a pivotal role in its development, always mindful of the end-user and delivering a first-class user experience.
A successful applicant will be asked to deliver work from the product backlog consisting of new features (customer enhancements and strategic business requirements), bugs and technical debt, prioritised by the Product Owner. This work should be progressed through the development lifecycle from coding, code review, testing and release into production. Code should be produced to a high quality including considerations for performance and security. Code Review undertaken by peers should allow the ability to give and take constructive criticism to the benefit of the product. Ownership should be maintained to aid in the release process and possible debugging of issues when code is tested and deployed into production. Throughout the entire process, progress should be made transparent; with any impediments reported during the daily stand-up, allowing help to be provided by peers and the Product Owner to be kept up to date. They will also need to work closely with other members of the team to ensure seamless integration between backend systems and the mobile applications.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability
- Skilled in a relevant technology (Android or IOS and version control e.g. Git)
- Have an interest is cross-skilling into mobile development on other platforms e.g. Android to IOS or vice versa.
- Ability to follow process, suggest improvements and embrace change
- Strong communication skills
- Desirable understanding of DevOps or Cloud technologies
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of an agile team
- Strong sense of ownership to see work units through their lifecycle
- Fail fast and learn from mistakes
- Know when to ask for help and be keen to give it
- Understands high level architectural designs and patterns
- Recognises and employs appropriate coding design patterns/paradigms and discourages and mitigates anti-patterns and bad practice
With an open collegiate atmosphere, Unity5 is a team of progressive, indelible experts in their fields. Having grown organically over the last ten years, we are stable and established, with the quiet confidence of knowing our solutions deliver real value and growth to our clients who depend upon us and our products
Everyone at Unity5 is valued for the role they play and the uniqueness of them that they bring to the company. With a strong emphasis on knowledge sharing Unity5s success comes from its staff, the ideas they generate and the amazing results they bring
Our People Deserve
- Private healthcare
- Death in service benefit
- Remote/home working
- Quarterly company trips and excursions
- Office BBQs – making the most of the Devon sunshine